Thursday, August 26, 2010
State Fair
Before school started, we drove over to the state fair. I love fairs. I love the rodeos--especially the bull riding and bronc busting so I was excited for this one. Guess what--no rodeos! Here they do buggy races, demolition derbies, and tractor pulls. We still had fun walking what seemed miles around it and eating our way through. We gave each kid some money and told them that we would buy them lunch and dinner but they were responsible for treats, souvenirs, or activities. After lunch, we found a really fun (free) activity. The kids got to take a basket and visit various 'farms' where they collected eggs, wool, veggies, milk cartons (new, unused ones), and more. They then took them to the farmers market where they sorted them and recieved 'money'. They then got to buy something in the store. They loved it. Raptor then spent half her money on a pony ride which she loved!! Her other half went on her own cotton candy bag and a big pink ball. She was so tickled to have her own cotton candy but not so tickled when she realized that she was all "tick-ee". Ramble held on to his money until almost the end. Then he spent it on carnival games. He was really picky about it and walked up and down the midway until one guy told him everyone wins and he'd let him have more than one shot for his money. Ramble forked over his money and got to shoot the basketball until it went in--I think it took 3 tries and the hoop was really little. Then Ramble and I played whack a mole. Ramble got 2 prizes for his money and then decided to splurge and spend the rest all in one place. On a turn at climbing the rock wall. Raptor was so mad that she was too little and pouted (in a cute way for passers by but NOT for us). The girl running the booth said that she wasn't too small height wise and if she wanted to, she could try for free. So, up they both went. Raptor made it about 4 rocks up--maybe 3 feet up but Ramble climbed the hard side all the way to the top and rang the bell!!! By the time he was up there, he had quite an audience and then he didn't want to let go and come down. We had neglected to tell him that you just jump out and it lowers you down. I asked him if he trusted me and he said . . .wait for it . . .NO! Silly boy! We had lots of fun and if I can figure out how to download pics from a phone, I'll post them of the kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment