Monday, April 23, 2012

Thinking

I've been thinking (a dangerous pastime, I know). A good friend of mine was diagnosed with a serious disease. When I heard about her illness, it stopped me in my tracks. All I could think was that it wasn't fair that she would get so sick and that a family adventure that was a dream for them might be in jeopardy of not happening. As time has gone on, I've watched her faith, dignity, grace, and sense of humor shine through. She is a rock for her friends and family and a shining example to all of us. In short, she is amazing.  I'm grateful for her friendship. 

This has made me remember what is important in life. It isn't bills, work schedules, clutter, or laundry. It's living each day to it's fullest. Meeting challenges head on with laughter and tears but without the thought of giving up. It's a child's hug and the love in their eyes. It's your faith. It's your friends. It's your family.

I'm grateful for all our friends scattered near and far and so grateful for my family. I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Makes you stop and think, doesn't it. Thanks for the thought.

    ReplyDelete