Thursday, September 3, 2009

Stitches!

I love my kids. I love my husband. I hate when he is gone and my kids get hurt! Tuesday night dear Hubby was out of town giving a lecture when what should happen but Raptor and Ramble were playing behind a chair in our family room. They were near the fireplace giggling and laughing. Now, don't get me wrong, I love when they play nicely together but they were in a spot that is off limits due to sharp corners of stone (the fireplace) and pictures that we have behind the chair because they aren't framed yet (due to cost of frames!). I had just seen them and thought "they need to move" when I heard a large thud and then a wail. The thud was a lamp that had fallen off the mantle--with a little help from Raptor who pulled the cord so hard it broke free of the stapels used to attach it to the wall so this wouldn't happen--and the wail was Ramble who had been hit by the lamp. Glass shattered but there was no blood. Yeah! Time out for both of them for playing where they weren't supposed to--until Raptor said his head hurt. I looked again and this time there was blood!!! I don't know why it didn't bleed at first--there weren't any marks or anything when I checked him out at first.

(If you look closely, above Ramble's right eye there are stitches. He wanted me to post a better picture to gross everyone out but I put my foot down!)

To make the even longer story short, we ended up at the Urgent Care clinic near our home. We had some good friends who kindly took Raptor in on short notice and I left numerous messages for Hubby on his phone and pager but he couldn't reach us since Raptor lost my cell phone about 2 months ago! Ramble has 2 stitches and is doing great. He got to show off his war wounds at school and tell all about the numbing gel they used and that he didn't cry at all when they stitched him up. I wish I had a picture of his face when the doctor told him that she was done stitching--he couldn't believe it. He had been so busy telling her stories about school that he didn't feel a thing.


Ramble had his first soccer game yesterday. He has taken classes and done camps to learn about soccer but this year he was finally old enough to play! He was really excited. Hubby is his coach and I'm the assistant. I realized during the game yesterday that I can yell really loudly! Score is not kept at games for his age and you have some players who are really good and some who like to talk as the ball bounces off their shins without them even noticing it! At times it seemed like we were the Bad News Bears! Most of the kids seemed to have a good time and we had fun.


This is just a picture of some of the plethora of corn fields surrounding our town. The sun was breaking through the clouds.


My wild child with a heart of gold. Daddy called this her 'goblin' picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment