Saturday, March 27, 2010

I never want this to happen again!



Spring break is supposed to be lazy, fun time with great weather and playing with kids. We had 2 days of good weather where we got to go to the park with friends, ride bikes, go for walks, and just play. Then the weather got cold and Ramble got sick. His stomach had been hurting him off and on for a long time but nothing serious. Tuesday he said it really hurt and by Wed. he was in a lot of pain and didn't want to do anything. He ended up in the Emergency Dept Wed. night (thanks friends who watched Raptor and friends who let their husband come up to the ED even with his crazy schedule). They watched him, thought it was his appendix and then let him come home since daddy could take care of him. Thursday morning it was back to the hospital and out came his appendix. He was so brave! I was a nervous wreck but held it together until they wheeled him off to have the surgery. That's when I lost it. He's doing okay--not very hungry still but eating and will get up when we make him walk. He's such a sweet, kind kid who loves to move that it's hard to stay still.

This has really made me think about how we act towards one another. I love my kids dearly--they are my life, along with my husband. I realized on Thursday how much I still wanted to tell Ramble, how much there is for him to learn and experience, how I know he knows that God loves him and is there for him. I think that Ramble teaches me much more than I think I teach him at times. It's made me realize that even when we think we don't have lots of close friends we really do. Each one of us is loved--whether we think we deserve it or not--our friends are always there waiting to help, we just have to ask sometimes. This is not something I am good at. I really stink at asking for help so thank you to everyone who loved us enough to help from saying prayers to bringing food to bringing toys for my Ramble and taking care of my Raptor.

Here's what I hope--that we all learn to love one another. Hug our dear ones tight, think before we say harsh or cutting words, teach with kindness, and laugh often. I realized I don't laugh as much as I should. We all need to laugh and love and hold our loved ones tight.

Okay, enough maudlin talk. Raptor is sooooooo happy that Nanny came to see her (to help really but don't tell Raptor that). They are out "DOWING SOPPIN POR N OWTIT AN DEWREE" (translation--imagine Raptor yelling: Going shopping for an outfit and jewelry!). This because she has gotten into absolutely everything that was a no no in the house but did it with a smile on her face! Peace for Ramble and I for a little while and fun for Nanny and Raptor.

No comments: