Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rainbows

I hate it when it's the school year. I'm not the only one who misses Ramble. Raptor misses him terribly. All I have heard this week (and it's only Tuesday) is 'Bubba'. I think I need to have one of those gadgets that will record 15 seconds of speech and record "Bubba's at school, Daddy's at work" so that I can just push a button and it says it instead of me. I'm a broken record!





Raptor got to help Daddy make cookies this weekend--the store bought kind that you break apart. She thought she was hot stuff to be such a big girl.


Gimme 5!

Yummy!



We've had crazy weather with lots of rain and keep seeing double rainbows. This one looked like it was just across the street! It really was a double rainbow, it just doesn't show up in the picture.







I love it that children are so innocent. About 2 weeks ago, Ramble wanted to chase a rainbow to the end and get the pot of gold. We took him up on his offer to chase it and hopped into the car. Off we went, following a rainbow. We laughed, sang, and tried to decide which end we should catch. After about 20 minutes of driving East and then South, we decided that rainbows are really hard to catch. This one kept moving!! At one point, it was a double rainbow and then at the end, before we had to head home, it had the makings of a triple rainbow (just at the bottoms of both sides there were 3 different rainbows!). I forgot my camera and wish I had pics. We had so much fun following the rainbow. I'm glad we stopped what we were doing to play. It's easy to forget that we need to simplify our lives and take time to enjoy the little things and the magic in nature and in children.

2 comments:

  1. I showed Dylan a picture of the fort you made, and he thinks its awesome. (I tried to comment under that post, but I didn't see a link to comment). My boys would love it if we did something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still figuring out how to get the post so it has a comment link. Sorry about that. The fort was easier to build than I thought it would be!

    ReplyDelete